Overwatch Lucio Guide – Positioning and Gameplay Tips
If you’re an Overwatch newbie, you’ve probably been looking for an Overwatch Lucio guide. While the support hero isn’t a high-level hero, it’s still one of the most important. He’s one of the most popular competitive heroes, and his kit is one of the strongest in the game. He also has a useful healer role, which makes him ideal for teams.
We’ll go through the greatest tips, tricks, and techniques for playing as the freedom-fighting DJ in this Lucio guide. In the early stages, this hero can be an effective healer, and can even heal the entire team. But if you want to get the most out of this hero, you should be sure to pick one of the two other healers. While a healer is essential, Lucio is not the best healer. A healer is the best choice for the position, but it’s not always possible to kill the entire team at once.
Read More: Assassin Board Game Rules [Ultimate Guide]
Lucio Play Support & Abilities Guide
As a support, Lucio’s crossfade is an important tool. It can quickly get teammates to a location. However, you must pay close attention to the killfeed, and if it comes, you must wait for it to end. Although it’s painful, the wait is worthwhile. You can also use a crossfade to send teammates to a safe zone. This way, your teammates won’t be able to kill you and your teammates.
While the range is adequate for supporting a large team, you should not expect to keep all of your allies alive. If you’re a more experienced player, it might be better to move between groups and fight closer to allies. If you’re a newcomer, it’s best to stay in the center, or in a small group. Regardless of your skill level, you’ll have a great time playing Lucio.
While Lucio’s mobility is unparalleled, his healing is inconsistent. While other support heroes are more reliable and consistent, he doesn’t fare as well against AoE damage heroes. As a result, it’s important to find an Overwatch Lucio guide to help you get the most out of your Lucio character. You’ll need it to win games, so if you’re a beginner, you’ll need a quick guide.
Read More: Mouse Sensitivity Converter 100% Accurate- Overwatch To CSGO
Whether you’re playing solo or with your team, there are several tips you can use to get the most out of your Lucio skills. Using your secondary fire is your best bet, but you can also use your alternate fire to peel enemies. The latter is particularly useful against melee Heroes. Lastly, Lucio’s ultimate ability, the Sound Wall, is a great choice for teamfights. It will protect your teammates from enemy attacks, and you can easily get a kill out of any foe you face.
Lucio’s normal gun fires 5 bursts of 4 shots; in numbers, hitting all shots in the body deals 80 damage, while hitting all shots in the head deals 160. That’s a lot for a support hero to do. Before you have to reload for 1.5 seconds, you can do 5 bursts every 4 shots.
Lucio Boop Guide
The boop’s damage isn’t much, at 25 damage with an 8-meter range and a four-second cooldown. It’s worth noting that it doesn’t consume your ammo in the same way that primary fire does.
However, as you’re surely aware, the boop is only used to boop people, not to cause harm.
Lucio Wall Ride
This ability is incredible because it allows you to move about with incredible ease, whether you’re healing or speeding up your squad. When you’re in speed mode, however, you’ll go faster. This is a very difficult ability to master, and it will take a lot of effort. The options are limitless.
Lucio Playing Tips
Following are the top best lucio playing tips
- To get the most out of your healing/speed boost, stay as near to your teammates as possible.
- Employ Lucio’s improved mobility to contest the payload or any other key goal; use his wall riding abilities to lurk around corners and buy some time.
- By jumping from wall to wall without touching the ground, you can increase your speed and make Lucio travel even quicker.
- Avoid getting too close to foes by booping them away with your Soundwave ability.
- Remember that Sound Barrier is only activated when Lucio’s weapon makes contact with the ground; don’t do it out in the open where snipers can grab you before the animation is finished.
Lucio Positioning Tips
Following are the positioning tips of Overwatch Lucio.
- Many Lucios forget that, despite their incredible mobility, they are still a squishy hero that may be destroyed quickly.
- Stick to the walls and covers as much as possible, and don’t stay out in the open for too long.
- If you’re in a deathball competition, a good rule of thumb is to stay in the middle of your team to heal and speed up everyone.
- In a dive competition, though, you’ll have to pick sweet locations and rely on intuition and intelligence to know when to aid the divers and when to peel for the backline.
- The same is true if you’re up against a diving competition.
Read More: Beginner Guide Things Improve Your GamePlay
It’s Important to Use the Ultimate Safely
- I may divide your ultimate’s application into four categories:
- Getting into a team battle and using the shield to knock someone out before the timer runs out.
- When you’re in a team fight, you can use it to defend yourself.
- Defending against ults
- After an enemy support has used theirs, you can use it.
Don’t use Amp It Up carelessly
Here are some reasons why you shouldn’t use amps:
- Amp It Up works in conjunction with Crossfade to momentarily boost the amount of healing or speed output.
- It can be useful when trying to avoid extremely powerful abilities or when your team needs a quick boost during a battle.
- Don’t expect Amp It Up’s effects to save you against devastating Ultimates like D.Va’s Self-Destruct, Reaper’s Death Blossom, McCree’s Deadeye, and so on.
- Because it’s off cooldown, amping isn’t a one-time use ability. It has a 12-second cooldown, so being selective about how you use it is key.
- When used incorrectly, it might make the difference between a win and a loss in a team fight.
Following are the weaknesses of Lucio.
- While Lucio is virtually unrivalled in terms of movement and providing opportunities for his teammates, he is not without weaknesses.
- Lucio’s most serious flaw is his inconsistency in healing, which makes him feel less trustworthy than other support heroes (namely Mercy, Ana, and Moira).
- Due to his limited health pool (200 HP), he struggles against heroes who deliver AoE damage, and he may easily lose momentum if stunned or hooked.
Which Heroes Go Well Together With Lucio?
- Reinhardt – Benefits greatly from Lucio’s speed increase and adds extra protection.
- D.Va – She can use Lucio’s healing to boost her mech’s health.
- Roadhog – Doesn’t need Lucio for healing, and can defend himself against most of Lucio’s threats.
- Ana – She can take care of the majority of the healing during a match, relieving Lucio of some of the burden.
- Moira – Same as above, but with a little advantage in mobility.
Read More: [Guide] Raid Shadow Legends Masteries – Things You Ignore
People Also Ask
In this section, you will find the answers of those questions which are mostly asked by gamers.
What’s the best way to play Lucio?
Always engaged in a fight
Figuring out when to use each ability, using his Crossfade to switch back and forth between heals and speed, is one of the most critical aspects of playing Lcio. When your team’s health is getting low, you can’t go wrong with sticking on healing and employing Healing Boost.
Is Lucio doing well now?
Lucio is a well-rounded healer with simple-to-learn talents, making him a good choice for newcomers. He’s most effective as a secondary healer because it allows him to wander around the battlefield and spot weaknesses in the opposition team.
Is Lucio able to cure himself by shooting?
Lucio heals and speeds up your allies while you concentrate on your own movement and shooting.
Is a Lucio beat considered healing?
Sound Barrier, Lucio’s ultimate, provides a 500 HP shield for all teammates in a pretty large region, and it, like his auras, requires Line of Sight. Lucio’s ultimate is fueled not only by the damage he deals, but also by the healing he provides (like any healer).
When should I amp Lucio?
Increase the volume. For three seconds, this ability boosts the amount of healing or speed supplied by Lucio’s Crossfade. When you need to get through a choke or make a quick push, you should increase your speed, and when your teammates are low on health during a fight, you should increase your healing.